From on-trend storage to gorgeous kitchen textiles DII Home Store has everything you need to cultivate a cozier home. We want to help you be the best host(ess) you can be. Check out our other blog posts for inspiration as well as tips and tricks.
8 Fall Drink Recipes to Try
As the weather turns cold, we switch from iced coffee and lemonade to cozy warm drinks. There’s something about a warm beverage on a brisk day that just feels right. Here’s eight Warm fall drink recipes that are perfect for catching up with friends, having a dinner party, or enjoying on a cool fall morning.
Cinnamon Sugar Syrup:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup double strength coffee
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/16 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cinnamon Sugar Syrup: in a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar, and cinnamon to a boil. let boil for 2 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved. remove from heat and set aside.
- Latte: brew a double strength cup of coffee. Add milk to a saucepan and warm or microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or until desired warmth. froth milk once warm with a handheld frother or by adding milk to a blender and blending on high. In 2 coffee mugs, add 1 tablespoon cinnamon syrup, then divide the coffee and milk between both, finishing with the foam on top.
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping: combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the foam and enjoy!
- 3 oz. espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 3 oz. steamed milk or half & half
- 1 oz. vanilla syrup
- 1 oz. Kahlua coffee liqueur
- a dash of cinnamon and a pinch to sprinkle on top
- whipped cream for topping
- Brew espresso and steam/froth milk using an espresso machine.
- In a mug pour in espresso, vanilla syrup, Kahlua, and a dash of cinnamon and stir.
- Pour in steamed frothed milk.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle the top with cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
- 8 cups apple cider, fresh
- 1 orange, organic, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 15 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- fresh orange slices
- whole cinnamon sticks
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker crock and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7. When finished, remove and discard cinnamon sticks and cooked orange slices.
- Ladle warm cider into large mugs and serve with additional orange slices and fresh cinnamon sticks, if desired.
- 4 cups of milk of your choice
- 8 oz. white chocolate, chopped into small pieces (or white chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (or more/less to taste)
- whipped cream
- crushed peppermints
- Stir the milk and chopped white chocolate together in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a simmer and the chocolate is melted. (Do not let it come to a boil or let the chocolate burn on the bottom.)
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Serve warm, with optional toppings if desired.
- 16 ounces unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- tiny pinch of black pepper & ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp honey (substitute maple syrup for a vegan option)
- 2-3 tsp coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, warm coconut just to the point of a light simmer.
- Add cocoa, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, pepper, honey or maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Whisk vigorously or use a handheld immersion blender to combine.
- Top with optional non-dairy whipped topping and a sprinkling of grated dark chocolate, if desired
- 2–3 tsp. organic Classic Chai Tea
- 2 Tbsp. organic almond butter
- 1–2 Tbsp. raw organic honey
- 1 Tbsp. organic refined coconut oil
- 2 tsp. organic roasted cacao powder
- 1 tsp. organic maca powder
- Steep chai in 12 oz. of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Strain tea and mix with all other ingredients in a heat-safe blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, about 20 seconds.
- Pour, sip, and enjoy!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup of hot chocolate mix (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- toasted Marshmallows (optional for garnish)
- Add milk to a medium saucepan; add in the lavender; set over medium heat and bring just to heavy simmer.
- Remove from the heat and steep for 5-8 minutes, or longer for a stronger lavender flavor.
- Return saucepan to heat; whisk in the hot chocolate mix. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Divide among 4 mugs straining out the lavender. Top with toasted marshmallows and a sprinkle of dried lavender.
- Sip & enjoy!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 14 grams chamomile tea
- 8 ounces bourbon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine honey with 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add a whole cinnamon stick and star anise and bring to a simmer. Cover and remove from heat; let steep for 10 minutes, then remove the cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Meanwhile, brew a batch of chamomile tea. This recipe calls for 8 cups of tea to serve 8. Adjust the recipe accordingly for smaller batches.
- To prepare toddies, measure 2 tablespoons of warm honey syrup into each cup. Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) bourbon to each. Pour in 4 ounces (1/2 cup) tea into each cup, and stir until syrup is incorporated. Garnish with a lemon slice, cinnamon stick and/or star anise, as desired.
*Items contain alcohol, not suitable for those under 21, please drink responsibly.
**All recipes belong to their original owners, links to original recipes can be found in the recipe title.